A sudden twist or turn can cause you to experience lower back pain. If, after a while, you notice that the pain in your lower back isn’t going away or it is preventing you from taking part in favorite activities, such as hiking, swimming, jogging, or skiing, it may be time to explore the need for orthopedic surgery.
Lower Back Pain Causes More Than Just Discomfort, It can Affect Your Overall Health
Experiencing extreme lower back pain can cause more than just feeling uncomfortable. It can actually affect your overall health. When you experience lower back pain, you often are unable to take part in favorite outdoor activities. While being unable to take part for a short period of time won’t affect your health, not taking part for prolonged periods of time due to lower back pain can cause you to experience a number of health problems.
Some health problems that can occur due to being unable to take part in favorite outdoor activities
because of lower back pain include:
● Weight gain – you may gain weight as you are unable to get up and burn calories
● Increased risk of experiencing heart disease such as heart attacks or strokes
● Increased risk of developing diabetes
● Increased risk of developing high blood pressure or high cholesterol
● Increased risk of experiencing anxiety, depression, or other mental health problems
● Experiencing a dramatic decrease in flexibility and balance which may result in injuries
Work with an Orthopedic Surgeon to Find a Solution for Lower Back Pain
You can work closely with an orthopedic surgeon to find a treatment option that will reduce your lower back pain and get you back outside and enjoying your favorite activities. Some of the most common treatment options used by orthopedic surgeons to treat lower back pain include spinal decompression therapy and artificial disc replacement.
Does your lower back pain cause you to not be able to enjoy your favorite outdoor activities? Call Orthopedic Research Clinic of Alaska to schedule an appointment to discuss how to treat your lower back pain so you can get back outside and enjoy your favorite activities again.